What's new
Pixel Port Forum

To gain full access to our forum, please register an account or login.

Mayor Elections

Want to become mayor of West Point? Submit your platform under Kentucky Roleplay > Government > Elections > Mayor
The election has begun!

License To Practice Law Applications (Open)

Discord Username (if applicable): Fitz_
In-Game Username: Roman Fitzer
In-Game Character Name: Roman Fitzer
Project Zomboid Game Time: 615 hours as of now (I need to touch grass)
Real Life Age: 15

Either in real life or in video games, do you have any previous experience in being a lawyer or other lawyer related activities?
I have played every 'Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney' game

Describe why you would like to be a lawyer and why you think you would be a good fit for the role:
I played the Ace Attorney games and really enjoyed the court segments so I thought it would be fun to do in this Project Zomboid server. I would be fit for the role because I know all the lingo. Objection and all that

Consider yourself in a court of law and defending a client charged with murder. How would you handle the case (knowing there is little details on it given here)? How would you give advice to your client?
Speak to client, ask for evidence from police, look into the case and win
Accepted. Please speak with a senior clerk to receive your license to practice law and be prepared to answer some questions.

Discord Username (if applicable): whale01 (Julie Blueberry)
In-Game Username: Julie Blueberry 2
In-Game Character Name: Julie Blueberry
Project Zomboid Game Time: 3,349
Real Life Age: 24

Either in real life or in video games, do you have any previous experience in being a lawyer or other lawyer related activities?
Back in high school I did mock trial for a couple of years. On FiveM a few years back I did lawyer RP on a server for a bit where I was a public defender for a couple of months before the server shut down.

Describe why you would like to be a lawyer and why you think you would be a good fit for the role:
Joined the server not too long ago but have been eager to immerse myself a bit more in the community. I noticed there weren’t many lawyers available for all the criminal proceedings that occur and would love to help organize and be apart of that process to add a couple more layers to the criminal/police RP! I’ve been through multiple “example” trials via my prior mock trial experience so I have a decent understanding of how a criminal proceeding is supposed to look like from a prosecutorial/defense stand point and would love to try and bring some of that to life here.

Consider yourself in a court of law and defending a client charged with murder. How would you handle the case (knowing there is little details on it given here)? How would you give advice to your client?
Right off the bat, advising my client not to speak in open court would be a great start as avoiding self incrimination is usually a good starting point. From there, if we were in a private setting under the vail of attorney-client privilege, I’d ask probing questions to learn who else may have been present for the crime in question, what evidence may exist, and any other pertinent information they feel is important to share. After that, I’d look at what the prosecution would provide to defense as evidence to better understand the case they’re raising against my client and who may be called to speak against them. Having a good understanding of what evidence/witnesses the prosecution is planning to use helps us decide our course of action to better sway a jury of peers (if we’re infront of them and not just a judge).

Discord Username (if applicable): whale01 (Julie Blueberry)
In-Game Username: Julie Blueberry 2
In-Game Character Name: Julie Blueberry
Project Zomboid Game Time: 3,349
Real Life Age: 24

Back in high school I did mock trial for a couple of years. On FiveM a few years back I did lawyer RP on a server for a bit where I was a public defender for a couple of months before the server shut down.

Joined the server not too long ago but have been eager to immerse myself a bit more in the community. I noticed there weren’t many lawyers available for all the criminal proceedings that occur and would love to help organize and be apart of that process to add a couple more layers to the criminal/police RP! I’ve been through multiple “example” trials via my prior mock trial experience so I have a decent understanding of how a criminal proceeding is supposed to look like from a prosecutorial/defense stand point and would love to try and bring some of that to life here.

Right off the bat, advising my client not to speak in open court would be a great start as avoiding self incrimination is usually a good starting point. From there, if we were in a private setting under the vail of attorney-client privilege, I’d ask probing questions to learn who else may have been present for the crime in question, what evidence may exist, and any other pertinent information they feel is important to share. After that, I’d look at what the prosecution would provide to defense as evidence to better understand the case they’re raising against my client and who may be called to speak against them. Having a good understanding of what evidence/witnesses the prosecution is planning to use helps us decide our course of action to better sway a jury of peers (if we’re infront of them and not just a judge).
Accepted. Please speak with a clerk in-game to receive your attorney license. If necessary you may link to this application.

Back