What's new
Pixel Port Forum

To gain full access to our forum, please register an account or login.

Mayor Elections

Want to become mayor of West Point? Submit your platform under Kentucky Roleplay > Government > Elections > Mayor
The election has begun!

License To Practice Law Applications (Open)

RJ

Founder
Staff member
Founder
Developer
Application Status: Open

Welcome to the application thread for Lawyer Licenses. Please see above as to whether or not we are currently accepting new applications for this license. If the application status is open and you would like to apply right away, then skip to the bottom of this post. If you would like to know more about the position and what it entails, then continue reading.

Lawyers are responsible for prosecuting or defending their clients in a court of law. This includes appearing in court, making your case as applicable, and collecting on any dues if necessary. If chosen as to receive a Lawyer License, you have the unique opportunity to play a critical role in bringing justice to the island of Kingsmouth.

Duties & Responsibilities
  • Appearing In A Court Of Law
    • Be able to show up in a timely manner, preferably before proceedings.
    • Consulting with clients to understand their case.
  • Knowing The Proceedings Of Court
    • You should know the process as follows:
    • Arraignment (if applicable).
    • Introduction (rise for the judge, present charges, state how they plead, opening statements)
    • Presenting evidence, witnesses, statements, etc. + examinations/cross examinations.
    • Closing statements.
    • Jury/judge deliberations (depending on it being a trial by jury or bench trial).
    • Results and sentencing (if applicable).
  • Understanding Court Lingo
    • Know when and how to object to anything (relevance, leading, argumentative, speculation, hearsay, etc.).
    • Know the difference between overruled and sustained in response to objections.
    • Know what contempt of court is and its punishment(s).
  • Collecting Dues From Clients
    • Discuss fees with clients prior to proceedings (costs or pro bono).
    • Collect on dues from clients after results and/or sentencing.
Good To Have Skills/Traits (more pluses means more important, out of a max of 5)
  • Active Community Member (+++)
  • Organized (++++)
  • Good Communicator (+++++)
  • Innovative (+++)
  • Fast Reactions (+++)
  • Knowledgeable (+++)
Application Format
Discord Username (if applicable): [ANSWER HERE]
In-Game Username: [ANSWER HERE]
In-Game Character Name: [ANSWER HERE]
Project Zomboid Game Time: [ANSWER HERE]
Real Life Age: [ANSWER HERE]

Either in real life or in video games, do you have any previous experience in being a lawyer or other lawyer related activities?
[ANSWER HERE]

Describe why you would like to be a lawyer and why you think you would be a good fit for the role:
[ANSWER HERE]

Consider yourself in a court of law and defending a client charged with murder. How would you handle the case (knowing there is little details on it given here)? How would you give advice to your client?
[ANSWER HERE]
If you think you would be a good fit for this role and are interested in it, please copy/paste the application format in the reply box for this thread then fill it out and post your message.

Discord Username (if applicable): fitz_
In-Game Username: Michael Fitzer
In-Game Character Name: Michael Fitzer
Project Zomboid Game Time: 215 hours as of now (I need to touch grass)
Real Life Age: 14

Either in real life or in video games, do you have any previous experience in being a lawyer or other lawyer related activities?
I have played every 'Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney' game

Describe why you would like to be a lawyer and why you think you would be a good fit for the role:
I played the Ace Attorney games and really enjoyed the court segments so I thought it would be fun to do in this Project Zomboid server. I would be fit for the role because I know all the lingo

Consider yourself in a court of law and defending a client charged with murder. How would you handle the case (knowing there is little details on it given here)? How would you give advice to your client?
I would handle the case my getting my client to honestly tell me what events occured, then go to the police to ask for the evidence they found on my client.

Last edited:

Application Format
Discord Username (if applicable): Fire Chief Freshies
In-Game Username: Sir Howard Freshies
In-Game Character Name: Sir Howard Freshies
Project Zomboid Game Time: between 130 hours and 160 hours
Real Life Age: 16

i played ace attorney once

If I get accepted not only would it add money to my hustle but also I would be one of the few lawyers here in kingsmouth

If he did it and we think the court knows that then I would ask him to accept the plea deal given to him because murder can range from 5 years minimum and life, a plea deal could help lower that sentence.

Discord Username (if applicable): fitz_
In-Game Username: Michael Fitzer
In-Game Character Name: Michael Fizter
Project Zomboid Game Time: 215 hours as of now (I need to touch grass)
Real Life Age: 15

I played the Ace Attorney games and really enjoyed the court segments so I thought it would be fun to do in this Project Zomboid server. I would be fit for the role because I know all the lingo

I would handle the case my getting my client to honestly tell me what events occured, then go to the police to ask for the evidence they found on my client.
Accepted. Speak with a clerk at the Arrivals Building about receiving your Lawyer License. If waiting takes too long then pleases open a ticket referencing your application's post URL.

Application Format
Discord Username (if applicable): Fire Chief Freshies
In-Game Username: Sir Howard Freshies
In-Game Character Name: Sir Howard Freshies
Project Zomboid Game Time: between 130 hours and 160 hours
Real Life Age: 16

i played ace attorney once

If I get accepted not only would it add money to my hustle but also I would be one of the few lawyers here in kingsmouth

If he did it and we think the court knows that then I would ask him to accept the plea deal given to him because murder can range from 5 years minimum and life, a plea deal could help lower that sentence.
Accepted. Speak with a clerk at the Arrivals Building about receiving your Lawyer License. If waiting takes too long then pleases open a ticket referencing your application's post URL.

Application Status: Open

Welcome to the application thread for Lawyer Licenses. Please see above as to whether or not we are currently accepting new applications for this license. If the application status is open and you would like to apply right away, then skip to the bottom of this post. If you would like to know more about the position and what it entails, then continue reading.

Lawyers are responsible for prosecuting or defending their clients in a court of law. This includes appearing in court, making your case as applicable, and collecting on any dues if necessary. If chosen as to receive a Lawyer License, you have the unique opportunity to play a critical role in bringing justice to the island of Kingsmouth.

Duties & Responsibilities
  • Appearing In A Court Of Law
    • Be able to show up in a timely manner, preferably before proceedings.
    • Consulting with clients to understand their case.
  • Knowing The Proceedings Of Court
    • You should know the process as follows:
    • Arraignment (if applicable).
    • Introduction (rise for the judge, present charges, state how they plead, opening statements)
    • Presenting evidence, witnesses, statements, etc. + examinations/cross examinations.
    • Closing statements.
    • Jury/judge deliberations (depending on it being a trial by jury or bench trial).
    • Results and sentencing (if applicable).
  • Understanding Court Lingo
    • Know when and how to object to anything (relevance, leading, argumentative, speculation, hearsay, etc.).
    • Know the difference between overruled and sustained in response to objections.
    • Know what contempt of court is and its punishment(s).
  • Collecting Dues From Clients
    • Discuss fees with clients prior to proceedings (costs or pro bono).
    • Collect on dues from clients after results and/or sentencing.
Good To Have Skills/Traits (more pluses means more important, out of a max of 5)
  • Active Community Member (+++)
  • Organized (++++)
  • Good Communicator (+++++)
  • Innovative (+++)
  • Fast Reactions (+++)
  • Knowledgeable (+++)
Application Format

If you think you would be a good fit for this role and are interested in it, please copy/paste the application format in the reply box for this thread then fill it out and post your message.
Discord Username (if applicable): aidspositive
In-Game Username: Aids Penis
In-Game Character Name: Aidan Penisar
Project Zomboid Game Time: 40 hours

yes

seen all 25 seasons of judge judy, and studied every single episode (7,164 episode)(109 days worth of video)(1 third of the year just watching)

In defending a client charged with murder, I would conduct a thorough investigation, challenge the prosecution's case, and present a strong defense. And then, I would ensure my client understands their legal options and explore the possibility of a plea deal if appropriate. :)

Discord Username (if applicable): aidspositive
In-Game Username: Aids Penis
In-Game Character Name: Aidan Penisar
Project Zomboid Game Time: 40 hours

yes

seen all 25 seasons of judge judy, and studied every single episode (7,164 episode)(109 days worth of video)(1 third of the year just watching)

In defending a client charged with murder, I would conduct a thorough investigation, challenge the prosecution's case, and present a strong defense. And then, I would ensure my client understands their legal options and explore the possibility of a plea deal if appropriate. :)

Discord Username (if applicable): nerdiguy
In-Game Username: Johann Roth
In-Game Character Name: Johann Roth
Project Zomboid Game Time: 343.1 hrs at time of application
Real Life Age: 20

While I haven't studied law itself, I've often found myself drawn towards lawyer and lawyer related activities in videogames and other fictional mediums, such as roleplays. I've played the original Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy to completion, as well as participated in Ace Attorney Online, an online roleplaying sandbox game that allows its players to roleplay out custom cases. On Ace Attorney Online, I was undefeated in both the roles of Defense and Prosecution, in leading and supporting counsel positions. A bit less of a lawyer based game and more of a detective 'who-dunnit' with trials, I've also played the original Danganronpa game, watched its anime adaptations, and have been involved in a Danganronpa-style roleplay server for three and a half years; which I am now the owner of.

I would like to be a lawyer because of my attraction to the role and passion for the field, and my experience grants me confidence in my ability to be competent, primarily in the realm of criminal affairs.

When dealing with any client accused of a crime, it's important to first consult the client and give them advice on how to and how not to act when talking to law enforcement officials; only with a prepared client can you begin to have a prepared defense. From there is when I would begin to take the evidence, or lack thereof, into account when proceeding. With a sizeable amount of evidence against a client, I would advise my client to agree to a plea deal, which I would broker with the prosecution; and even then I would attempt to give a strong defense for my client. If there is any doubt as to if my client could have actually done it, I will drive it home and remind the court that any persecution must be beyond a shadow of a doubt. In any case, my client will be better off hiring me than attempting to defend themselves.

Discord Username (if applicable): nerdiguy
In-Game Username: Johann Roth
In-Game Character Name: Johann Roth
Project Zomboid Game Time: 343.1 hrs at time of application

While I haven't studied law itself, I've often found myself drawn towards lawyer and lawyer related activities in videogames and other fictional mediums, such as roleplays. I've played the original Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy to completion, as well as participated in Ace Attorney Online, an online roleplaying sandbox game that allows its players to roleplay out custom cases. On Ace Attorney Online, I was undefeated in both the roles of Defense and Prosecution, in leading and supporting counsel positions. A bit less of a lawyer based game and more of a detective 'who-dunnit' with trials, I've also played the original Danganronpa game, watched its anime adaptations, and have been involved in a Danganronpa-style roleplay server for three and a half years; which I am now the owner of.

I would like to be a lawyer because of my attraction to the role and passion for the field, and my experience grants me confidence in my ability to be competent, primarily in the realm of criminal affairs.

When dealing with any client accused of a crime, it's important to first consult the client and give them advice on how to and how not to act when talking to law enforcement officials; only with a prepared client can you begin to have a prepared defense. From there is when I would begin to take the evidence, or lack thereof, into account when proceeding. With a sizeable amount of evidence against a client, I would advise my client to agree to a plea deal, which I would broker with the prosecution; and even then I would attempt to give a strong defense for my client. If there is any doubt as to if my client could have actually done it, I will drive it home and remind the court that any persecution must be beyond a shadow of a doubt. In any case, my client will be better off hiring me than attempting to defend themselves.
Accepted. Speak with a clerk at the Town hall about receiving your Lawyer License. If waiting takes too long then pleases open a ticket referencing your application's post URL.

Discord Username (if applicable): Fitz_
In-Game Username: Roman Fitzer
In-Game Character Name: Roman Fitzer
Project Zomboid Game Time: 353 hours as of now (I need to touch grass)

I would handle the case by getting my client to honestly tell me what events occured, then go to the police to ask for the evidence they found on my client.

Discord Username (if applicable): imperialphoenix
In-Game Username: Hosea Ray
In-Game Character Name: Hosea Ray
Project Zomboid Game Time: 186
Real Life Age: 18

I have taken a law class and have been a lawyer on GMOD.

I would like to be a lawyer because of the incapacity of the current lawyers and the misuse of power by the SD. Multiple times I have been nearly arrested by members of the SD without proper cause or evidence. I am done with no one being able to defend me and others in court. I want to fill that void in the system and hold people accountable for their actions, civil and criminal. I am also done dealing with the SD being able to do whatever they want, with no one able to stop them. I want to protect the rights of the people of West Point.

Consider yourself in a court of law and defending a client charged with murder. How would you handle the case (knowing there are little details on it given here)? How would you advise your client?
Simply put, I would look at all the evidence the police have first. Then I would request copies of all the police reports related to the case, along with the arresting officer file. Based on this, I would determine the chance we had at trial. If we had sympathy on our side, I would ask for a jury trial, because when it comes to the court of public opinion, jury trials are best. Otherwise, I'll go with a judge. if the evidence against my client proved beyond a reasonable doubt from the get-go, then I would try and work with the DA to get a plea agreement to lessen his sentence. I would advise my client to stay away from the media and not discuss the incident in any way with anyone.

Project Zomboid Game Time: 353 hours as of now (I need to touch grass)

I would handle the case by getting my client to honestly tell me what events occured, then go to the police to ask for the evidence they found on my client.
Accepted. Speak with a clerk at the Town hall about receiving your Lawyer License. If waiting takes too long then pleases open a ticket referencing your application's post URL.

Discord Username (if applicable): imperialphoenix
In-Game Username: Hosea Ray
In-Game Character Name: Hosea Ray
Project Zomboid Game Time: 186
Real Life Age: 18

I have taken a law class and have been a lawyer on GMOD.

I would like to be a lawyer because of the incapacity of the current lawyers and the misuse of power by the SD. Multiple times I have been nearly arrested by members of the SD without proper cause or evidence. I am done with no one being able to defend me and others in court. I want to fill that void in the system and hold people accountable for their actions, civil and criminal. I am also done dealing with the SD being able to do whatever they want, with no one able to stop them. I want to protect the rights of the people of West Point.

Consider yourself in a court of law and defending a client charged with murder. How would you handle the case (knowing there are little details on it given here)? How would you advise your client?
Simply put, I would look at all the evidence the police have first. Then I would request copies of all the police reports related to the case, along with the arresting officer file. Based on this, I would determine the chance we had at trial. If we had sympathy on our side, I would ask for a jury trial, because when it comes to the court of public opinion, jury trials are best. Otherwise, I'll go with a judge. if the evidence against my client proved beyond a reasonable doubt from the get-go, then I would try and work with the DA to get a plea agreement to lessen his sentence. I would advise my client to stay away from the media and not discuss the incident in any way with anyone.

Discord Username (if applicable): @emeraldite.
In-Game Username: Edrian Remeraldite
In-Game Character Name: Edrian Remeraldite
Project Zomboid Game Time: at the moment, 744.2h

I have personal, real-life experience with court cases. While it may not be the american law system, I do believe myself to be at least able to understand the surface, if not shallow-level of the law system of the US.

Edrian, while also studying for medicine, decided to pick up law (because why not, right?), for both those tracks interested him. As for me, I believe I am quite well adept at being able to handle the pressure of court, be it by the virtue of being already accustomed to such pressures or by other factors.
I would furthermore also want to be able to draft legal documents, and yet again, it comes into play that I already am familiarized with such things irl, therefore it is not something that would be alien to me. Dare I say there can be a certain element of enjoyment in it that I could find.

I would first request as much information from the client as possible, before, if applicable, hopefully being able to form an alibi for why the client could not have performed the act, given that they were not present at the scene during such time for x or y reason. If that defense fails, or be unfit for the situation, I would comb through the evidence submitted to the court (provided I have not done so already) in order to form a cohesive defense, that while it may not be an alibi per se, would be a reasonable enough, and convincing enough argument to lower, or dismiss the charges entirely, by simply posing holes in the prosecution's story.

Discord Username (if applicable): justacanadiandude
In-Game Username: Ambrose Manning
In-Game Character Name: Ambrose Manning
Project Zomboid Game Time: 1k Hours - Someone Please Help.
Real Life Age: 21

I've been in jury duty once. ((Canadian Court))
Watched some Lawyers on titoki and watched some Phoenix Wright Gameplay.

I saw that being a lawyer was very unique from the other servers. I know blah blah being a politician or a cop and such is also unique because were not in a zombie apocalypse. But when being a Lawyer came along it was like more special and seemed like a fun and interesting way to play.

If I was given very rare information. I would first have my client tell me all of his side (presuming he was honest) and ask him if he was honest or not. Secondly I would at least try to interview all the witnesses from the crime and I would attempt to get the police report and evidence on his/her case.

Discord Username (if applicable): @emeraldite.
In-Game Username: Edrian Remeraldite
In-Game Character Name: Edrian Remeraldite
Project Zomboid Game Time: at the moment, 744.2h

I have personal, real-life experience with court cases. While it may not be the american law system, I do believe myself to be at least able to understand the surface, if not shallow-level of the law system of the US.

Edrian, while also studying for medicine, decided to pick up law (because why not, right?), for both those tracks interested him. As for me, I believe I am quite well adept at being able to handle the pressure of court, be it by the virtue of being already accustomed to such pressures or by other factors.
I would furthermore also want to be able to draft legal documents, and yet again, it comes into play that I already am familiarized with such things irl, therefore it is not something that would be alien to me. Dare I say there can be a certain element of enjoyment in it that I could find.

I would first request as much information from the client as possible, before, if applicable, hopefully being able to form an alibi for why the client could not have performed the act, given that they were not present at the scene during such time for x or y reason. If that defense fails, or be unfit for the situation, I would comb through the evidence submitted to the court (provided I have not done so already) in order to form a cohesive defense, that while it may not be an alibi per se, would be a reasonable enough, and convincing enough argument to lower, or dismiss the charges entirely, by simply posing holes in the prosecution's story.
Approved. Are you able to do Lawyer Certificates as a clerk?

In-Game Username: Ambrose Manning
In-Game Character Name: Ambrose Manning

I saw that being a lawyer was very unique from the other servers. I know blah blah being a politician or a cop and such is also unique because were not in a zombie apocalypse. But when being a Lawyer came along it was like more special and seemed like a fun and interesting way to play.

If I was given very rare information. I would first have my client tell me all of his side (presuming he was honest) and ask him if he was honest or not. Secondly I would at least try to interview all the witnesses from the crime and I would attempt to get the police report and evidence on his/her case.
Approved. Apply with the appropriate level of Clerk. I know Lin is able to do Lawyer Licenses.

In-Game Username: Alan Wainright
In-Game Character Name: Alan Wainright

In-Game Username: Alan Wainright
In-Game Character Name: Alan Wainright

Accepted. Please speak with a senior clerk to receive your license to practice law and be prepared to answer some questions.

Project Zomboid Game Time: 615 hours as of now (I need to touch grass)

I played the Ace Attorney games and really enjoyed the court segments so I thought it would be fun to do in this Project Zomboid server. I would be fit for the role because I know all the lingo. Objection and all that

Speak to client, ask for evidence from police, look into the case and win

Back