What's new
Pixel Port Forum

To gain full access to our forum, please register an account or login.

Mayor Elections

Want to become mayor of West Point? Submit your platform under Kentucky Roleplay > Government > Elections > Mayor
The election has begun!

State Park Rangers Applications (Open)

The Kentucky State Park Rangers is hiring. Please see above as to whether or not we are currently accepting new applications for this position. If the application status is open and you would like to apply right away, then skip to the bottom of this post. If you would like to know more about the position and what it entails, then continue reading.

The Kentucky State Park Rangers are responsible for protecting our forests, parks, rivers, and lakes. They will patrol along our waterways and in our parks and the state and national forests that are within Kentucky. You will be trained on and provided Police Reports and Medical Records required to file an incident report for each incident using the provided report documents. You may need to provide emergency medical services if you find an injured person while on patrol. It will be your responsibility to track your ranger supplies/equipment and requesting restock or replacement from the department before you run out of necessary supplies. Everyone employed as a Park Ranger is expected to maintain the high level of professionalism standards associated with being a State employee. Join our team and help keep our Kentucky parks and wildlife safe.

Duties & Responsibilities
  • Treatment of individuals injured or negatively effected by weather conditions
    • Respond to 911 and emergency calls that are on State Parks or National Forests and along our waterways.
    • Treat patients who need immediate attention following protocols.
    • Transport or coordinate transport for patients from the site of the incident to the hospital.
      • Or provide a release form as well as a incident report for patients that are not brought in to the hospital.
  • Park Ranger Truck Maintenance and Inventory
    • Ensure the departments high cleanliness standards are maintained for your uniform, truck, and office space.
    • Review trucks and station supply inventory and requisition additional supplies.
    • Ensure the trucks are maintained by the appropriate mechanic either in-house or through the a contract with local mechanics.
    • Make sure all equipment is not in need of repair or request repairs or replacements if needed.
  • Issue Hunting and Fishing licenses to Kentucky residents at the station or either city or state clerk offices.
    • Enter correct information for the individual in the computer when issuing the license and verify they are at least 18 years old for a hunting license.
    • Deliver a copy of the license to the station or the city or state clerk office.
    • Ensure the individual getting a license understand the limits for fish and game.
    • Educate, if needed, the proper use of fishing equipment, traps, and hunting rifles.
  • Patrolling State and National Parks and along Kentucky Waterways.
    • Ensure anyone hunting or fishing has the proper license and gear.
    • Issue tickets for illegal hunting or fishing.
    • Complete detailed incident reports for each incident.
    • Track the hours and incidents for your time on duty.
In-game skills and Backstory
No specific information is required in your character biography/journal.
  • First Aid Skill
    • Helps to treat individuals requiring immediate medical attention found while patrolling.
  • Driving
    • Adequate driving skill in-game is required to patrol some of the forests and waterways where it might be dense vegetation to maneuver around.
  • Fishing, Foraging (hunting), and Trapping skills
    • Decent skill (level 3) to teach beginner level classes if needed.

Good To Have Skills/Traits (more pluses means more important, out of a max of 5)
  • Active Community Member (+++)
  • Organized (++)
  • Team Player (+)
  • Good Communicator (+++)
  • Character Role Play (++++)
  • Driving Capabilities (+++)
  • In-game First Aid Skill (+)
  • In-game Fishing/Forage/Trapping Skill (+)

Application Format

Discord Username (if applicable): [ANSWER HERE]
In-Game Username: [ANSWER HERE]
In-Game Character Name: [ANSWER HERE]
Real Life Age: [ANSWER HERE]

Either in real life or in video games, do you have any previous experience in being apart of an Emergency Medical or Law Enforcement team?
[ANSWER HERE]

Describe why you would like to be a Park Ranger and why you think you would be a good fit for the role:
[ANSWER HERE]

How would you treat someone in critical condition with multiple injuries and that has either a bullet or glass in a wound(s) and why?
[ANSWER HERE]

And are your skills adequate to drive the Ranger truck? Do you have any mechanics skill? (mechanics skill is not a requirement)
[ANSWER HERE]

If you found someone illegally fishing, hunting, trapping, logging, or mining. how would you handle the situation?
[ANSWER HERE]

If you think you would be a good fit for this role and are interested in it, please copy/paste the application format in the reply box for this thread then fill it out and post your message.

Discord Username (if applicable): bribrooo
In-Game Username: BriBrooo
In-Game Character Name: David Jacquet
Real Life Age: 18

Whether in real life or in video games, do you have any previous experience as a part of an Emergency Medical or Law Enforcement team?
I've been MP (military police) + Combat Life Server in an ARMA3 unit for a year before it disbanded.
First Aid Certification to my name IRL

Describe why you would like to be a Park Ranger and why you think you would be a good fit for the role:
I'd like to be a Park Ranger because I truly believe it fits my playstyle of both PZ and RP. I live in the countryside IRL and don't like spending too much time in the same place.

How would you treat someone in critical condition with multiple injuries and that has either a bullet or glass in a wound(s) and why?
First would be to check their vitals, if the heart's beating, and if they breathe. Then, assuming they're okay, clear debris around the wounds and sanitize the wounds again.
Then here either the glass shard(s) is in the skin and not bleeding too much and I can take it out safely without damaging it more than before,
or if I can't, just apply a dry gauze pad on the wound(s), give him a stick to bite on for the ride or painkillers or some ice, and rush for the E.R.

And are your skills adequate to drive the Ranger truck? Do you have any mechanics skill? (mechanics skill is not a requirement)
My character has not stepped foot in the city yet, so it's very customizable. I'd like the Park Ranger job for him to be introduced to the server.

If you found someone illegally fishing, hunting, trapping, logging, or mining. how would you handle the situation?
I'd come peacefully near the person, tell them they can not do their activity in this area, if they repeat the offense, I will state what infraction they've committed, declare that I did warn them last time and fine them accordingly, and removed their license/permit if the infraction's penalty states it.

Last edited:
Discord Username (if applicable): [Birtie! {Jacob Woodly}]
In-Game Username: [Jacob Woodly]
In-Game Character Name: [Jacob Woodly]
Real Life Age: [19]

Either in real life or in video games, do you have any previous experience in being apart of an Emergency Medical or Law Enforcement team?
[Yes, I was previously a CPL in the last iteration of KRP]

[I have previous experience in the PD but I did not like the more aggressive nature of the PD, I want to have a more laid back experience that isn't 24/7 guns blazing and life threatening]

[Depending on condition (hp) I will either remove the glass/bullet, sanitize and stitch or patch it up enough to slow the bleeding to get them to the hospital where there are medical professionals with better equipment. removing bullets/glass can be more threatening than leaving in and bandaging it due to rapid blood loss.]

[Yes, I drive well and know how to do so at high speeds if necessary. I also have level 6 mechanic skill and use the mechanic career.]

[Get them to stop without approaching in a way that may provoke violence, let them know what they did wrong, what did they violate and give them a ticket. If necessary they might need proper training. If necessary license/permits may be removed.]

Discord Username (if applicable): [Birtie! {Jacob Woodly}]
In-Game Username: [Jacob Woodly]
In-Game Character Name: [Jacob Woodly]
Real Life Age: [19]

[Yes, I was previously a CPL in the last iteration of KRP]

[I have previous experience in the PD but I did not like the more aggressive nature of the PD, I want to have a more laid back experience that isn't 24/7 guns blazing and life threatening]

[Depending on condition (hp) I will either remove the glass/bullet, sanitize and stitch or patch it up enough to slow the bleeding to get them to the hospital where there are medical professionals with better equipment. removing bullets/glass can be more threatening than leaving in and bandaging it due to rapid blood loss.]

[Yes, I drive well and know how to do so at high speeds if necessary. I also have level 6 mechanic skill and use the mechanic career.]

[Get them to stop without approaching in a way that may provoke violence, let them know what they did wrong, what did they violate and give them a ticket. If necessary they might need proper training. If necessary license/permits may be removed.]
Approved

Discord Username (if applicable): Rafael Santos
In-Game Username: Rafael Santos
In-Game Character Name: Rafael Santos
Real Life Age: 30

Some video game experience, but this would be a first for me.

Most of my time is spent out of the city whether fishing or foraging, I'm also active and organized. With 2K hours in PZ I believe I would be able to fulfill the requirements of this position and that it'd be a fun experience to do so.

I would stop the bleeding with a tourniquet if possible and remove the foreign body from the patient with tweezers. Then I'd stitch the wound with a suture needle and bandage it. Taking the patient to the hospital immediately afterward.

I am a competent driver, but I haven't gotten around to lvling mechanics.

Make sure to have my equipment ready, lock my car. Alert dispatch that I will be approaching someone in this area. I'd approach cautiously aware of my surroundings, announce myself as a park ranger while being friendly in demeanor. While gauging their response I would request their license or permit and verify that they are committing a crime. If so, I would issue them a citation and request they cease all illegal activity.

Discord Username (if applicable): Rafael Santos
In-Game Username: Rafael Santos
In-Game Character Name: Rafael Santos
Real Life Age: 30

approved

Discord Username (if applicable): Hershel "Willy" Sullivan
In-Game Username: Hershel "Willy" Sullivan
In-Game Character Name: Hershel "Willy" Sullivan
Real Life Age: 27

I have experience in a hospital setting irl.

I am a woodsman myself. I have lived in the forest for a long time. Fishing, hunting, trapping and foraging are my passion. I want to do whatever it takes to protect mother nature.

I would take care of the critical bleeding first by first putting on a tourniquet to slow the bleeding, then I would remove whatever foreign objects that are in the patient. After I would sterilize the wound and bandage the limbs. Afterwards I would take them directly to the hospital for a doctor or nurse to take care of the patient while I investigate the current event or resume my duties.

I drive well enough off-road in the woods. I know how to change a tire or fix the exterior of any vehicle.

I would confirm with said party if they have the correct permits to do said activities. If they have the incorrect permits, I would issue them a ticket, then I direct them how to obtain the proper permits. If necessary, I would then teach them the proper laws of activity.

*Please dm me in discord for extra information as it's possibly important.

Last edited:
Back